What is Natural Estrogen Cream?
What is natural estrogen cream is the most common question and as the name implies – products which have estrogens from natural or plant-derived sources incorporated into them. Most often than not, these creams are created from natural ingredients such as phytoestrogens which can be used to complement the activities of estrogens in the body. These creams are in most cases incorporated with estriols which are quickly absorbed into the body. Read our article: What is Estriol for more information on the characteristics, side effects and uses of estriol.
Who may benefit from natural estrogen cream?
Natural estrogen creams are often sought out among the following group of individuals.
- Women who have had a full hysterectomy or have undergone surgical or natural menopause and may be opposed to using any form of estrogen replacement but who are having problems with insomnia, vaginal dryness, hot flashes, and hair loss.
- Women who have had only their uterus removed but have also undergone natural menopause and are not interested in taking any form of synthetic estrogen replacement.
- Women who are experiencing peri-menopausal and pre-menopausal symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hair loss, anxiety and hot flashes but are not taking any form of prescription estrogens or birth control pills and wish relief from the effects of menopause.
Since estriols have a high rate of absorption into the body, the estrogen natural creams can be applied to all parts of the body but the following precautions should be taken into cognizance.
- Rotate the areas where the creams are applied regularly. This is to avoid saturating the area with the cream and overloading receptors in an area.
- The cream is best absorbed from a region where the skin is relatively thin and well supplied with capillary blood flow. These areas such as the wrists, inner thighs, inner arms, breast and upper chest should be used for the application of the estrogen natural cream. This affects the rate at which the estrogens are absorbed into the body.
- After application, massage the skin until the cream is noticeably absorbed.
- Do not apply estrogen natural creams on top of other body creams or perfumes since this may lead to an improper absorption.
While each woman is different, and your doctor will know best, for peri-menopausal, menopausal, and post-menopausal women, the cream should be applied twice a day for a trial period of about 2 weeks. As relief is realized, you can reduce the dosage to once a day but again, this should be the responsibility of your physician to decide.
Consuming plants rich in phytoestrogens can assist you in hastening the result process and may lead to reducing your dosage from twice to once a day. The examples of these diets include; nuts, flax seed, brown or red rice, wheat germ, alfalfa, barley, oats, and soybean.
At the time of writing, there are no side effects associated with natural estrogen creams.
Most of the natural estrogen creams are made from the following ingredients;
- Estrogen Estriol
- Shea butter
- Sunflower seed oil
- Evening Primrose oil
- Potassium Sorbate
- Racemonsa Root
- Natural vitamin E
Consult with your physician before you engage in any form of estrogen treatments and it is always recommended to have your hormones saliva tested before beginning any self-diagnostics. Consider ZRT hormone testing.
[sc name=”bottomofpage” ]